FASTING DATES ARE:
- Monday, January 5, 2015 — Sunday, January 25, 2015
PREPARING FOR YOUR FAST
- Begin drinking plenty of water, (squeeze fresh lemon juice in your water).
- Begin cutting back on caffeine and sugar. Drinking plenty of water will help you get over the cravings for these two things.
BREAKING YOUR FAST
- Please do not eagerly seek to eat everything you want at one minute past midnight on the final day of the fast. Slowly break the body in.
- Begin with soft foods that are not heavy, such as Jell-O, applesauce, etc. Do this for at least two days.
- Continue drinking plenty of liquids. Water is recommended.
- Once you feel your body has adjusted, begin eating small quantities of healthy foods.
Foods you may eat:
- Whole grains: Brown rice, oats, barley
- Legumes: Dried beans, pinto beans, split peas, lentils, black eyed peas
- Fruits: Apples, apricots, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, cantaloupe, cherries, cranberries, figs, grapefruit, grapes, guava, honeydew melon, kiwi, lemons, limes, mangoes, nectarines, papayas, peaches, pears, pineapples, plums, prunes, raisins, raspberries, strawberries, tangelos, tangerines, watermelon
- Vegetables: Artichokes, asparagus, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chili peppers, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, gingerroot, kale, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, mustard greens, okra, onions, parsley, potatoes, radishes, rutabagas, scallions, spinach, sprouts, squashes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, turnips, watercress, yams, zucchini; veggie burgers are an option if you not allergic to soy.
- Liquids: Spring water, distilled water, 100% all-natural fruit juices, 100% all natural vegetable juices.
- Others: Seeds, nuts, sprouts
Foods to Avoid:
- White rice
- Fried foods
- Carbonated beverages
- Refined sugar
- Sugar substitutes
- White Flour and all products using flour
- Margarine, shortening, high fat products
- Foods containing preservatives or additives
Pastor Demetrius Miles and Tucson Church International advise all partners and participants of the 2015 Consecration to consider their personal health needs and to consult their personal physician prior to beginning this fast. Therefore, we specifically disclaim any responsibility from any physical reaction from this fast.